Approximately 670 individuals applied for this opportunity.
We are currently screening ALL applications received on or before the closing date against position criteria. Applicants whose resume and cover letter best demonstrate how they meet the qualifications to do the job will proceed in the hiring process. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
STUDENT - COMMUNICATIONS DISPATCHER
Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport
Ontario Place Corporation
2 Temporary positions between 7 – 16 weeks duration
Student 2 - Student Level 2
$11.85 - $11.85 Per Hour*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
*Targeted to Post-Secondary and High School students*
This job posting represents multiple positions within different ministries and locations across Ontario. Ministry and job location details are listed below. You are required to identify the ministries and cities you are interested in applying to. Note: relocation expenses are not covered by ministries.
Applications are accepted online. Resumes and cover letters are not accepted. Describe your skills, knowledge and relevant paid work or volunteer experience in the related questions on the application form.
To assist you with the application process please visit the Summer Employment Opportunities website and view the following resources:
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOEligibilityCriteria.asp') Eligibility Requirements (/a)
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOKeyResources.asp') Student Application Guide (/a) -item 1 in Key Resources
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOKeyResources.asp') Explanation of Rating Scale for Application Questions (/a) -item 2 in Key Resources
Detailed Position Breakdown:
Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport
2 positions at 955 Lake Shore Blvd W, M6K 3B9, Toronto
What can I expect to do in this role?Work Description:
• As a communications dispatcher, you will be required to answer all inbound calls for information and emergencies on the property
• The position is required to maintain composure under stress and is required to co-ordinate information delivery to Senior Security Officers as needed
• This position is responsible for manning the Control Centre at Ontario Place
• Coordinates responses calls to all on site emergency situations and dispatches staff from the Medical Response Team and Security
• Create incident reports, maintain logs and issue equipment to staff
• You apply your verbal communication and customer service skills to respond to phone inquiries
How do I qualify?
MandatorySome positions require students to be 15-24 years of age (or 15-29 years of age if you are a person with a disability) due to program funding.
Some positions may require the successful candidate(s) to undergo a personal security screening check as a condition of employment.
Qualification Requirements:Communication and Organizational Skills
• Excellent verbal and written, communication and administration skills
• Customer service skills to respond to email, and in-person inquiries and provide information to internal clients and/or public
• You work independently or as part of a team; you plan, organize and prioritize your time to meet competing deadlines
• You apply your written communication skills to prepare and maintain a variety of logs and documents
• Organizational skills to coordinate responses to emergency situations and dispatch team members effectively.
• Applicants must be willing to work a rotating shift schedule 7 days a week, including weekends and statutory holidays
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Student Summer Employment Opportunities
Friday, March 8, 2013
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Friday, March 22, 2013 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be
provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated
bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English
and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d'emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais
et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés
bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans
la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.