Competition Status: Position Filled
Approximately 127 individuals applied for this opportunity.
We have completed the recruitment process and successfully hired the top candidate into the position.
To look for other job opportunities that match your skills and experience go to Job Search. You may also subscribe to our Job Alert service to receive emails when new jobs open up that match your determined search criteria.
Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Public Service.
Ministry of Energy
Strategic Network and Agency Policy Division
6A007 - Policy06
$67,590.00 - $99,600.00 Per Year
The Strategic Network and Agency Policy Division is seeking a seasoned financial professional to conduct financial reviews on energy-sector agencies.
Consider working for the Ministry of Energy and help make a difference in Ontario's energy sector.
What can I expect to do in this role?You will:
• conduct thorough, independent reviews of complex, financial and reporting documents.
• review the business plans and financial analytics of budgets submitted by the Ontario's energy agencies.
• summarize findings, prepare reports and provide advice to support decision making.
• conduct analytical, statistical, regression analysis and econometric modelling activities on energy projects.
• identify performance indicators, coordinate evaluations and benchmark agency performance.
How do I qualify?
Financial and Energy Sector Knowledge:• You have knowledge of accounting principles, financial analytics and business planning processes to conduct independent reviews of agencies' financial documents, business plans and budgets.
• You can identify financial weaknesses and assess impacts of agency performance.
• You have knowledge of economic policy research, econometric modeling, statistical, forecasting and risk assessment strategies to develop complex models for energy projects.
• You have knowledge of the energy sector, and its issues and trends, to support policy and program development.
Research and Analytical Skills:• You have research and analytical skills to conduct complex economic policy research, financial analytics, regression analysis, statistical and econometric modelling energy projects.
Communication and Stakeholder Management Skills:• You can brief senior management on energy related issues and projects.
• You can prepare written reports of highly complex financial, economic, statistical and quantitative ideas for technical and non-technical audiences.
• You have relationship management and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with stakeholders.
Project Management Skills:• You can coordinate and conduct analytical and econometric modelling projects.
• You can provide expertise, coordination and leadership to staff on achieving project deliverables.
Computer Proficiency:• You are proficient in PC-based word processing, spreadsheet, statistical, database, and presentation software and computerized research tools
- 1 Permanent, 77 Grenville St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Association of Management, Administrative and Professional Crown Employees of Ontario
Finance and Economics
Friday, January 8, 2016
- Less qualified applicants may be considered on an underfill basis.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Friday, January 22, 2016 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be
provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated
bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English
and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d'emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais
et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés
bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans
la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.