DIRECTOR, .NET SOLUTIONS DELIVERY CENTRE; DIRECTOR, SOLUTIONS INTEGRATION BRANCH; DIRECTOR, ROAD USER SAFETY MODERNIZATION BRANCH
Ministry of Transportation
Labour and Transportation I&IT Cluster
St Catharines, Toronto
XEXE2 - Executive 2
$117,790.00 - $160,250.00 Per Year
Are you an innovative IT executive that thrives in a fast-paced, high energy environment and delivers at their best when challenged by a demanding agenda? Join the Labour and Transportation Information and Information Technology Cluster where you will have the opportunity to lead high performing teams delivering large, multi-year modernization programs and innovative digital solutions.
The Labour and Transportation I&IT Cluster provides leadership in planning and deployment of information technology for the Ministry of Transportation and the Ministry of Labour in addition to providing enterprise-wide .NET solutions. The Labour and Transportation Cluster delivers I&IT programs and services, supports the generation of new business opportunities, and delivers key elements of the Government Information and Information Technology agenda.
There are three leadership opportunities available in the Labour and Transportation I&IT Cluster:
• Director, .NET Solutions Delivery Centre
• Director, Solutions Integration Branch
• Director, Road User Safety Modernization Branch
Please note: These positions require travel between multiple locations. The work locations for these positions are negotiable between the following:
• 301 St Paul Street, St Catharines
• 87 Sir William Hearst Avenue, Downsview
• 400 University Avenue, Toronto
What can I expect to do in this role?As Director, .NET Solutions Delivery Centre, you will:
• Lead the enterprise-wide service delivery of .NET solutions to the Ontario government including Microsoft .NET development, hosting, maintenance and support.
• Deliver client-centric, low cost, flexible and modern .NET solutions to OPS partners.
• Provide leadership and support for strategies including cloud service migration, mobile solutions development, bi-modal IT and business intelligence/data analytics.
As Director, Solutions Integration Branch, you will:
• Build and manage strong relationships with client Ministries, ensuring the effective planning and implementation of IT solutions to support program priorities.
• Lead the delivery of I&IT solutions to support the core business functions of Ministry of Labour and three divisions of Ministry of Transportation.
• Work with internal IT partners and external service providers/vendors to integrate solutions within the OPS framework Provide leadership and support for change management strategies throughout the Solutions Integration branch and the cluster.
As Director, Road User Safety Modernization Branch, you will:
• Provide leadership and support for change management strategies throughout the Road User Safety Modernization branch and the cluster.
• Work closely with your counterpart business director to create strategies and plans for modernizing legacy Road User Safety solutions.
• Work with internal IT partners and external service providers/vendors to integrate solutions within the OPS framework.
• Be accountable for vendor management, contract management and knowledge transfer from vendors.
• Drive service delivery partnership management and oversee resource deployment.
• Optimize IT performance with enhanced business intelligence Lead and participate in the RUS Modernization governance structures that provide formal oversight to the RUS Modernization program.
How do I qualify?
Senior Executive Leadership:• You have proven leadership ability to inspire, connect, transform and deliver at the executive level.
• You bring experience in a complex organization leading organizational transformation and change initiatives.
• You have proven strategic and conceptual planning skills to develop business strategies and lead major concurrent I&IT projects to successful completion.
• You have proven senior leadership and people management skills including the ability to build high performing teams and manage a variety of technical professionals.
• You have excellent communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills and exceptional judgement and political acuity.
• You are an experienced leader with a proven track record of delivering effective and efficient results while managing highly complex and a large volume of concurrent projects.
Stakeholder and Relationship Management:• You have the ability to build credibility and develop partnerships that align technologies in pursuit of customer focused excellence.
• You possess a high level of professional judgement, strong negotiation skills and political acuity.
• You have proven ability to build and manage senior-level business relationships with internal and external stakeholders, partners vendors and decision makers at various levels of government.
• You have created effective internal/external communication strategies to ensure compliance with all established policies and protocols.
Knowledge:• You have demonstrated experience leading within an operational infrastructure IT solutions based environment.
• You have proven project management experience and have led functions in highly sensitive, political environments that demand responsiveness, flexibility and decisive action.
• You have significant experience and demonstrable competence in developing large scale enterprise service oriented architectures.
• You have experience with the deployment and integration of enterprise technology across multiple channels for multiple lines of business.
• You have successfully led/managed the development of project teams.
• You offer a solid understanding of IT business, solutions delivery and have proven experience directing multiple, intersecting lines of business.
• You have a proven track record of solutions delivery of large and diverse I&IT projects on time and on budget.
- 2 Permanent, Toronto, Toronto Region
- 1 Permanent, St Catharines, West Region
Tuesday, January 3, 2017
How to apply:
- You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers.
You must enter the job ID number in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
- Your cover letter and résumé combined should not exceed five (5) pages.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad.
Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for
this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the
recruitment process, contact the Executive Recruitment Unit at
Applicants to this competition may also be considered for other executive opportunities
within the OPS.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Friday, January 20, 2017 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be
provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated
bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English
and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d'emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais
et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés
bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans
la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.