Competition Status: Position Filled
Approximately 41 individuals applied for this opportunity.
We have completed the recruitment process and successfully hired the top candidate into the position.
To look for other job opportunities that match your skills and experience go to Job Search. You may also subscribe to our Job Alert service to receive emails when new jobs open up that match your determined search criteria.
Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Public Service.
SENIOR ADVISOR - INFORMATION AND ANALYSIS
Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Municipal Services Division - Municipal Programs and Education Branch
6A008 - ProgPlanEval06
$67,590.00 - $99,600.00 Per Year
Do you have strong analytical skills and a passion for measurement and metrics? Do you have a background and a keen interest in municipal finance, planning or governance? If so, the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing is seeking your expertise for the role of Senior Advisor with the Information and Analytics team in the Municipal Programs and Education Branch.
What can I expect to do in this role?You will:
• play a lead role in developing performance measures and metrics to support the Ministry's mandate
• design and deliver surveys and research projects to better understand the needs and capacity of the municipal sector
• provide technical guidance and support across the division to better collect, store, retrieve and analyse data about the municipal sector
• develop reports and briefing materials that visualize and clarify performance measures and trends
• provide leadership in the collection of municipal leading practices and support the use and sharing of leading practices
How do I qualify?
Technical expertise:• You have knowledge of information and data management, along with expertise to disseminate and share information with audiences.
• You have knowledge of performance measurement.
• You have the ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation and regulations in the collection and use of municipal-related information such as the Municipal Act and Financial Information Returns submitted by municipalities.
• You have knowledge of municipal governance, finance and planning.
Project management and project leadership skills:• You have proven leadership, planning and project management skills to lead concurrent projects and teams.
Research, analytical and problem-solving skills:• You have knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods, principles and best practices to lead socio-economic research and analysis projects.
• You have analytical and problem-solving skills to provide effective evaluation of complex ministry programs and provide recommendations to support evidence-based decisions.
Relationship building, communication and consultation skills:• You have excellent relationship building, consultation and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
• You have demonstrated written, oral and visual communication skills to prepare and present a variety of materials.
• You have strong facilitation, mediation, conflict resolution, consensus building and negotiation skills.
Computer skills:• You have working knowledge and skills in the use of computer systems and software programs (e.g. word processing, presentation, charts, spreadsheets, information graphics, and web technology).
- 1 Permanent, 777 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Association of Management, Administrative and Professional Crown Employees of Ontario
Policy and Analysis
Wednesday, January 6, 2016
- Less qualified applicants may be considered on an underfill basis.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Wednesday, January 20, 2016 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be
provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated
bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English
and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d'emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais
et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés
bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans
la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.