Competition Status: Position Filled
Approximately 61 individuals applied for this opportunity.
We have completed the recruitment process and successfully hired the top candidate into the position.
To look for other job opportunities that match your skills and experience go to Job Search. You may also subscribe to our Job Alert service to receive emails when new jobs open up that match your determined search criteria.
Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Public Service.
MANAGER, FINANCIAL PLANNING AND STRATEGIES OFFICE
Ministry of Transportation
Corporate Services Division
SMG1 - Senior Mgmt Group 1
$93,050.00 - $106,350.00 Per Year
Are you an innovative, results-driven leader? If so, then consider this challenging opportunity with the Ministry of Transportation! As Manager, Financial Planning and Strategies Office you will provide vision, leadership and direction on financial planning, controllership and risk management. As an important member of the leadership team, you will provide financial advice and expertise to senior management.
What can I expect to do in this role?As Manager, Financial Planning and Strategies Office you will:
• Lead the ministry-wide business planning process by planning, coordinating and supporting the development of strategies to support the delivery of the Ministry's business planning activities such as Program Review, Renewal and Transformation (PRRT).
• Oversee and coordinate the development, evaluation and implementation of in-year submissions to Treasury Board for emergent priorities involving the preparation of business cases to support the ministry's proposals.
• Manage the relationships with central agencies including Treasury Board Secretariat.
• Provide strategic advice and co-ordination to support the management of multi-billion dollar transportation infrastructure plan while providing financial oversight to Metrolinx.
How do I qualify?
Leadership• You are an inclusive leader who values and creates a culture of diversity, inclusion and equity in the workplace.
• You have proven leadership skills to lead a dynamic team of professionals in a fast paced, complex, fiscally challenging environment.
• You have strong analytical and risk management skills in order to take a leadership role in planning, analyzing, and reporting on a $6 billion capital and operating budget and a $1billion revenue program.
• You have proven ability to lead/manage strategic change initiatives.
Communication• You have superior interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
• You have a high level of political acuity, and demonstrated experience managing sensitive and contentious issues.
Knowledge• You have a comprehensive knowledge of the government decision making process including budgetary and business planning processes supporting Program Review, Renewal and Transformation (PRRT) and Treasury Board submissions.
• You have a solid foundation in economics, financial management, public finance and general accounting principles, policies and procedures and practices to understand and promote sound financial practices and manage a complex capital and operating budget.
Relationship Management• You have a strong commitment to customer service excellence.
• You have demonstrated collaborative and distributive leadership skills.
• You have superior relationship building, consultation, negotiation, communications and client service skills.
• You have delivered confidential advice to senior level executives and have managed high-profile issues.
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 18 months, 301 St Paul St, St Catharines, West Region
Senior Management Group
Monday, January 11, 2016
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Monday, January 25, 2016 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be
provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated
bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English
and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d'emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais
et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés
bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans
la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.